Customer Service & Customer Fulfillment
Responsible for assisting Hamilton Parker customers at the Customer Service Counter. The Customer Service Representative must reflect and represent Hamilton Parker’s core values, H.E.A.R.T. (History, Enthusiastic, Adaptive, Reputable, Team-oriented
- Works at the Contractor/Warehouse Counter assisting contractors and retail customers with orders in person and over the phone.
- Provide excellent customer service to customers.
- Enter and process order in P21.
- Convert quotes to orders as needed.
- Allocate backordered material to orders as it arrives and communicate with salesperson/coordinator.
- Check pricing (all levels) and stock availability.
- Check order status for customers.
- Contact customers when orders are complete.
- Type returns as needed.
- Work with supervisor for delivery of orders locally.
- Answer install and product maintenance related questions.
- Assist customers to resolve any issues and/or concerns.
- Manage open orders and required dates.
- Grow and maintain relationships with customers.
- Pull customers’ orders in an accurate and timely manner.
- Load customers’ orders.
- Accurately identify incoming product and receive accordingly.
- Maintain product stock in warehouse.
- Allocate inventory correctly in computer system.
- Receive product, put away, pull and ship orders.
- Help sales staff organize and maintain the tile sample room.
- Maintain cleanliness of warehouse, contractor counter and sample room.
- Operating power equipment/wet saw.
- Occasionally delivering dealer racks/product to customers.
- Any additional responsibilities as assigned by manager.
- Assist sales team with answering phone.
Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of computers and the following programs: Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook and P21.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to learn computer systems and company processes quickly.
- Product knowledge, including installation and maintenance details.
- Ability to multi task, remain composed and work effectively, even under pressure.
- Basic math skills, including the ability to calculate square footage.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of personnel.
- Ability to prioritize workload and effectively work with little supervision.
- Required to maintain a valid driver license to drive a rental or company truck.
Education & Training:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of installation and maintenance retailed details.
- Forklift certification or ability to obtain.
- Previous experience in a fast paced environment and/or a customer service role a plus.
- Regularly required to talk and hear.
- Frequently required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- Ability to move skids of material with pallet jack.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Frequently required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Machinery operation requires the use of safety equipment to include but not limited to; safety belts, gloves.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- 401(k) with company match
- Employee discounts
- Company paid life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability
- Generous paid time off
- Volunteer Time Off
- Drug Test
- Background Screening
Apply for Position
Hamilton Parker Company was recently named one of Columbus Business First’s Best Places to Work and also recognized as one of CYP’s Wonderful Workplaces for Young Professionals. We are an equal opportunity employer.