Customer Service Representative
Responsible for assisting Hamilton Parker Company customers at the Customer Service Counter. The Customer Service Representative must reflect and represent Hamilton Parker’s core values, H.E.A.R.T. (History, Enthusiastic, Adaptive, Reputable, Team-oriented).
Reports toCSSC Manager
- Work at customer service counter assisting contractors and retail customers with orders in person and over the phone.
- Enter and process orders in P21.
- Convert quotes to orders as needed.
- Allocate backordered material to orders as it arrives and communicate with salesperson/coordinator.
- Check pricing (all levels) and stock availability.
- Check order status for customers.
- Contact customers when orders are complete.
- Type RMAs as needed.
- Schedule orders for delivery and communicate with Dispatch.
- Answer install and product maintenance related questions.
- Assist customers to resolve any issues and/ or concerns.
- Serve as back-up to the front desk to direct incoming calls to appropriate person/ department.
- Manage open orders and required dates.
- Maintain excellent relationships with customers.
- Maintain appearance of the customer service area and counter.
- Additional duties as assigned by manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of computers and the following programs: Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and P21.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Product knowledge, including installation and maintenance details.
- General knowledge of all departments and points of contact for each.
- Ability to multi task, remain composed and work effectively, even under pressure.
- Basic math skills, including the ability to calculate square footage.
Education & Training:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience in a fast paced office environment and/ or a customer service role a plus.
- Product knowledge, including installation and maintenance related details.
- P21 and Microsoft Office.
- Techniques for dealing with upset customers and potentially tense situations effectively.
- Regularly required to talk and hear.
- Frequently required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include those required for reading, writing, and typing.
- Frequently required to sit for long periods of time throughout the day (up to 8 hours).
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- 401(k) with company match
- Employee assistance program
- Company paid life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability
- Generous paid time off
- Volunteer Time Off
- Drug Test
- Background Screening
Apply for Position
Hamilton Parker Company was recently named one of Columbus Business First’s Best Places to Work and also recognized as one of CYP’s Wonderful Workplaces for Young Professionals. We are an equal opportunity employer.