Director of Marketing
The Director of Marketing is responsible for developing and coordinating marketing strategies in collaboration with ownership and the leadership team, which will maximize brand awareness with messaging and media that is meaningful to consumers. Leading the marketing team, assessing existing and potential markets, ensuring consistency of the HP brand across all showrooms, and maintaining HP’s social presence. The Director of Marketing must reflect and represent Hamilton Parker’s core values, H.E.A.R.T. (History, Enthusiastic, Adaptive, Reputable, Team-oriented).
Direct ReportsMarketing Team
Internal Responsibilities & Marketing Team:
- Lead, manage and develop the marketing team (Merchandising Manager, Marketing Coordinator, and Digital Marketing Specialist); responsible for coaching and leveling up the members of the marketing team.
- Manage communications with HP’s locations including Columbus branch, Cincinnati branch, Cleveland branch, the Outlet (Delaware).
- Provide consistent communication to ensure leadership team goals and priorities are cascaded to the marketing team.
- Coordinate the marketing, merchandising, and digital aspects for a cohesive global branded experience across all HP locations.
- Manage a marketing plan and budget, while identifying and tracking KPI.
- Manage and execute content calendar and key timelines across multiple brand touchpoints including social media, email marketing, and product launches.
- Lead/work with cross-functional partners through the development and implementation of strategic initiatives that drive the business for the short and long-term goals.
- Oversee the company’s logo branded apparel program, including annual budgets for the sales teams.
- HP’s five business segments: Retail, Residential, Commercial, National Accounts, and the Outlet.
- Develop an omni-channel marketing and communications strategy to drive sales and build brand awareness.
- Create and implement global marketing strategies to maintain a consistent HP brand; online, print, showrooms, PR, sales support, etc. for all HP locations.
- Creative direction and management of all events and supporting committees.
- Lead and manage all trade show booth design, installs, and supporting teams.
- Creative direction & management of all marketing pieces; print ads, radio, tv, social/digital & websites.
- Oversee the strategic goals for the company website and social media presence.
- Manage special projects and other duties as assigned (i.e. customer presentations, co-op programs with vendors, radio and podcast spots with customers, etc.).
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- BA/BS in marketing, business, or related field.
- 8+ years of experience with branding, strategic development, and creative problem-solving.
- Prior leadership experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite, and social media platforms.
- Effective project management skills, strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all HP business segments (Retail, Residential, Commercial, CBC, and Outlet) as well as external customers and business partners.
- Familiarity and/or expertise in database segmentation, CRM (WebConnect), and Growth marketing tactics.
- Have a strategic/entrepreneurial mindset. Define new opportunities and champion those ideas directly to senior leadership.
- Be an outstanding storyteller- quickly and succinctly distill complex data to tell a story.
- Strong strategic thinker with outstanding verbal and written communication skills with the ability to distill complex information into key insights and summaries.
- Demonstrated solid analytical skills and problem-solving ability.
- Understanding of the sales funnel and pulling leads.
- 401(k) with company match
- Employee assistance program
- Company paid life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability
- Generous paid time off
- Volunteer Time Off
- Drug Test
- Background Screening
Apply for Position
Hamilton Parker was recently named one of Columbus Business First’s Best Places to Work and also recognized as one of CYP’s Wonderful Workplaces for Young Professionals. We are an equal opportunity employer.