Responsible for delivering products interstate in a safe and timely manner. Drivers must reflect and represent Hamilton Parker’s core values, H.E.A.R.T. (History, Enthusiastic, Adaptive, Reputable, Team-oriented).
REPORTS TO:Delaware Supervisor
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Safety while driving and on the job site.
- Loading/unloading flatbed truck.
- Use various trucks/machinery: electric, diesel, piggyback, skid loader, dump truck.
- Follow federal, state local, and DOT laws.
- Communicate with dispatcher throughout the day.
- Help customer place material.
- Maintain safe driving practices.
- Obtain customer signature on the ticket when delivered.
- Help work in the warehouse, occasional Saturdays, and as needed:
- Using an RF scanner and forklift, pull customers’ orders.
- Additional duties as assigned by the manager.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong communication skills with attention to detail.
- Able to read maps for job locations, use of GPS.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of personnel.
- Ability to prioritize workload and effectively work with little supervision
- Must have (and maintain) a valid CDL A.
- Must have a working knowledge of FMCSA & ODOT’s laws and regulations.
- Forklift certified.
- Knowledge of building materials a plus.
- Must have at least one-year of prior work experience driving with CDL.
- Customer service background a plus.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Frequently required to sit for long periods of time throughout the day (up to 4 hours).
- The employee is occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and walk.
Education & Training:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 401(k) with company match
- Employee assistance program
- Company paid life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability
- Generous paid time off
- Volunteer Time Off
- Drug Test
- Background Screening
Apply for Position
Hamilton Parker Company was recently named one of Columbus Business First’s Best Places to Work and also recognized as one of CYP’s Wonderful Workplaces for Young Professionals. We are an equal opportunity employer.