GARAGE DOOR FIELD SUPERVISOR
Responsible for installing pre-fabricated fireplace products into homes, commercial sites, etc. The Fireplace Installers must reflect and represent Hamilton Parker’s core values, H.E.A.R.T. (History, Enthusiastic, Adaptive, Reputable, Team-oriented).
Reports ToDirector, Installed Services
- Help perform garage door installation and service.
- Directly supervise the team of garage door installers and garage door service technicians.
• Set job specific expectations and hold each associate accountable based on these expectations.
• Monitor policies for “best practices” for the garage door team.
• Team member reviews, based on the company’s core values.
• Set installation quality standards, and follow-up to ensure standards are being met.
• Team management: utilize team members to fullest potential, encourage collaboration, mitigate conflict, foster positive communication, acknowledgement and appreciation.
- P&L- be aware of financial aspects of division (cost of service/labor) and work to improve profitability.
- Field training of all new garage door service techs and installers.
• All new hires will be trained on the proper installation and service process.
• Periodically job check new hires’ work, once they are on their own.
- Refresher training of techs and installers.
• Upon new product being introduced to the market, make sure all techs and installers are updated with pertinent information.
- Job checks (field check large, upcoming jobs).
• Once jobs are sold and ordered, check in with builders on scheduling and expectations
• Once product is received in, contact builder and schedule installation with manager or dispatcher.
- Perform field premeasures.
• Track and delegate all field premeasures.
• Use and enforce the use of residential and commercial premeasure forms.
• Ensure all premeasures are returned and relayed to the sales support staff (add/remove material as needed).
- Oversee all commercial jobs.
• Delegate which techs/installer’s skill level is the best fit for the job.
• Work with dispatch to allocate accurate time for job completion.
• Meet at job site with tech/installer to go over job before starting.
- Provide assistance and support to techs/installers as well as office personnel.
• Issues in field with service jobs.
• Assist installation of heavy/oversized garage doors.
• Help with education of sales personnel, so they know what will work in certain installations.
- Quality control for installs (HP associates and sub-contractors)
- Oversee loading of installers and service techs in the morning.
• Check paperwork daily to ensure installers and sub-contractors have completed correctly.
• Be available to answer questions and give advice on jobs and routes.
• Make sure all techs have fully stocked trucks.
• Monitor truck stock levels.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong communication skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to prioritize workload and effectively work with little supervision.
- Technical background.
- Strong sense of safety.
- Ability to lift 75lbs and climb a ladder.
- Mechanically inclined.
Education & Training:
- High school diploma.
- Previous experience in garage door installation and service required.
- Customer service background is a plus.
- 401(k) with company match
- Employee assistance program
- Company paid life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability
- Generous paid time off
- Volunteer Time Off
- Drug Test
- Background Screening
Apply for Position
Hamilton Parker Company was recently named one of Columbus Business First’s Best Places to Work and also recognized as one of CYP’s Wonderful Workplaces for Young Professionals. We are an equal opportunity employer.