International Purchasing Coordinator
The International Purchasing Coordinator is responsible for placing product orders with vendors based on business requirements. Monitors the P21 system to maintain inventory levels and availability. Resolves issues related to inventory return, replacement, and credit arrangement. This position will also be responsible for securing containers for inbound international freight. Must reflect and represent Hamilton Parker’s core values, H.E.A.R.T. (History, Enthusiastic, Adaptive, Reputable, and Team-oriented).
Reports ToDirector of Business Development
- Purchase stock product based on set replenishment methods and special-order items per customer order.
- Acquire freight quotes for inbound and outbound shipments to be cost-efficient.
- Prepare BOLs for shipments and arrange freight pickups.
- Maintain vendor relationships.
- Work with sales to notify them of backorders, expected dates and vendor stock.
- Review all freight and shipping bill for approval.
- Receive multiple quotes to ensure freight rates remain competitive.
- Look for cost savings.
- Work on special projects as directed by management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Organizational skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to handle a fast-paced environment.
- Time management and ability to prioritize tasks.
- Computer, P21 and Microsoft Office.
- Effective communication skills.
- Ability to problem solve.
- Understanding of an overseas supply chain.
- Knowledge of LTL classes and tariffs.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Frequently required to sit for long periods of time throughout the day (up to 8 hours).
- Knowledge of building materials is a plus
- 401(k) with company match
- Employee assistance program
- Company paid life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability
- Generous paid time off
- Volunteer Time Off
- Drug Test
- Background Screening
Apply for Position
Hamilton Parker Company was recently named one of Columbus Business First’s Best Places to Work and also recognized as one of CYP’s Wonderful Workplaces for Young Professionals. We are an equal opportunity employer.