Inventory Control Coordinator
The Inventory Control Coordinator monitors products being received in and being shipped out of the company’s warehouse, as well as products transferred among multiple locations. The Inventory Control Coordinator must also reflect and represent Hamilton Parker’s core values, H.E.A.R.T. (History, Enthusiastic, Adaptive, Reputable, and Team-oriented).
REPORTS TO:SHIPPING & RECEIVING MANAGER
- Coordinate and set up all LTLs from Columbus for all departments (except CBC) along with HP Cincinnati and HP Delaware.
- Invoice and insert tracking information for all LTLs
- Maintain inventory accuracy throughout the warehouse AT 95% or above accuracy.
- Work as a liaison between sales and operations and assist with customer inquiries, stock checks, etc.
- Cycle counts, including monthly counts of FP/ GD service trucks.
- Identification and clearing out of old stock (“D” inventory, less than 50 sf, etc.)
- Adjust inventory as needed when discrepancies arise.
- Research and determine the root cause of discrepancies and formulate a procedure to ensure repeat offenses are minimal.
- Communicate with purchasing whenever a stock issue comes up (incorrect inventory, out-of-stock material, etc.)
- Log GD/FP service activity in the daily log and assist with billing.
- Pull orders, receive in POs, and help pull LTLs, transfers, and deliveries as needed.
- Assist back-of-house staff with P21 and scanner issues as needed to answer questions and/ or resolve issues.
- Help set up FedEx, print labels, and schedule deliveries and transfers as needed.
- Help shipping receiving by working with customers and contractors with orders.
- Pull customers’ orders in an accurate and timely manner.
- Accurately identify incoming products and receive accordingly.
- Correctly pull customers’ orders using RF scanner.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong communication skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of personnel
- Ability to lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- Ability to prioritize and effectively work with little supervision.
- Knowledge of building materials is a plus.
- Forklift, bobcat, yard lift experience is a plus.
- Frequently required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; limb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
Education & Training:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 401(k) with company match
- Employee assistance program
- Company paid life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability
- Generous paid time off
- Volunteer Time Off
- Drug Test
- Background Screening
Apply for Position
Hamilton Parker Company was recently named one of Columbus Business First’s Best Places to Work and also recognized as one of CYP’s Wonderful Workplaces for Young Professionals. We are an equal opportunity employer.