Mount Vernon Mantel Builder
The MVM Builder is responsible for manufacturing of fireplace mantels according to documents and drawings. The MVM Builder must reflect and represent Hamilton Parker’s core values, H.E.A.R.T. (History, Enthusiastic, Adaptive, Reputable, Team-oriented).
Reports To:Delaware Manager
- Help build standard & custom fireplace mantels for customers.
- Utilize chisels, saws, drills, sanders and nail guns.
- Select and join materials with nails, screws and adhesives.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Can work independently or in a team environment.
- Follow directions and procedures well.
- Ability to carry a positive attitude when doing a repetitive job.
- Able to effectively measure and do basic math skills.
- Effectively able to communicate with other team members and supervisor.
- Skilled in hand tools, saws, routers, drills, & nail guns
Education & Training:
- Prefer at least 2 years’ experience in wood products
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Regularly required to talk and hear.
- Frequently required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Occasionally required to stand; walk; sit, and reach with hands and arms.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Frequently required to stand for long periods of time throughout the day (up to 8 hours).
- *Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform these functions.
- 401(k) with company match
- Employee assistance program
- Company paid life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability
- Generous paid time off
- Volunteer Time Off
- Drug Test
- Background Screening
Apply for Position
Hamilton Parker was recently named one of Columbus Business First’s Best Places to Work and also recognized as one of CYP’s Wonderful Workplaces for Young Professionals. We are an equal opportunity employer.