Regional Distribution Account Specialist
The Regional Distribution Account Specialist is responsible for selling new accounts and maintaining and expanding the relationships with existing distribution accounts in tile, masonry, and landscaping suppliers. The Regional Distribution Account Specialist must reflect and represent Hamilton Parker’s core values, H.E.A.R.T (History, Enthusiastic, Adaptive, Reputable, Team-Oriented).
Reports To:Director of Sales
- Provide excellent customer service and maintain professional relationships with all current and potential customers.
- Represent the company to flooring dealers, landscape contractors, masonry material suppliers, dealers, builders and remodelers in your territory in a courteous and professional manner.
- Be as knowledgeable as possible about each of the company’s divisions to provide customers with adequate information for their needs.
- Update and manage sales displays in dealer showrooms as necessary.
- Balance managing existing clientele and mining territory for new opportunities, and coordinate as needed between local and regional clientele.
- Meet assigned targets for sales and profitability.
- Strategically think and develop solutions for clients.
- Assist customers with any errors or concerns to provide a comfortable, equitable, and timely resolution.
- Respond to customer requests and sales leads in a timely manner.
- Attend meetings, and complete CRM and mileage reports in a punctual fashion.
- Remain flexible and fill in as needed to best support the team and company.
- Continual self and formalized training to remain knowledgeable of product lines.
- Additional duties as assigned by the director.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Profit21.
- Strong oral and written communication skills with attention to detail.
- Outstanding customer service skills.
- Excellent time management and organization skills.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of personnel.
- Ability to prioritize workload and effectively work with little supervision.
- Team oriented.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds.
- Ability to travel 20-40% of the time.
Education & Training:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous experience in a fast-paced sales environment.
- Knowledge of building materials and related products.
- Understanding of the residential building process.
- 401(k) with company match
- Employee assistance program
- Company-paid life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability
- Generous paid time off
- Volunteer Time Off
- Drug Test
- Background Screening
Apply for Position
Hamilton Parker Company was recently named one of Columbus Business First’s Best Places to Work and also recognized as one of CYP’s Wonderful Workplaces for Young Professionals. We are an equal opportunity employer.