Tile Design Consultant
Responsible for maintaining inside sales activities (samples, brochures, showroom maintenance) and providing excellent customer service. The Tile Design Consultant must reflect and represent Hamilton Parker’s core values, H.E.A.R.T. (History, Enthusiastic, Adaptive, Reputable, Team-oriented).
REPORTS TO:Cleveland Branch Manager
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Assist showroom customers with selections and design needs and follow up with customers.
- Provide drawings upon customers request or to show detail of materials to be used for customers and installers.
- Provide samples or literature to customers.
- Provide quotes and complete orders when necessary.
- Provide technical information regarding sustainability of the product, installation, and product care.
- Manage P21 portal.
- Respond to phone and email inquiries.
- Responsible for maintaining lines in showroom.
- Assist phone customers with questions and orders.
- Collaborate with coworkers on ideas and presentations.
- Keep showroom displays current and organized.
- Help keep tile sample room organized.
- Stay current with latest design trends.
- Additional duties as assigned by management.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong background in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Strong communication skills with attention to detail.
- Patience when working with customers/coworkers.
- Highly organized.
- Able to multitask.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of personnel and customers.
- Ability to prioritize workload and effectively work with little supervision.
Education & Training:
- Degree in Interior Design or equivalent.
- Previous experience in a retail or fast paced environment.
- Strong knowledge of tile installation a plus.
- Customer service background is a plus.
- 401(k) with company match
- Employee assistance program
- Company paid life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability
- Generous paid time off
- Employee discounts
- Volunteer Time Off
- Drug Test
- Background Screening
Apply for Position
Hamilton Parker Company was recently named one of Columbus Business First’s Best Places to Work and also recognized as one of CYP’s Wonderful Workplaces for Young Professionals. We are an equal opportunity employer.