Director of Operations
Manages all hands-on operational and logistical aspects of the company. Provides the leadership and vision necessary to ensure Hamilton Parker has the proper operational controls in place to effectively ensure financial strength and operating efficiency. Must reflect and represent Hamilton Parker’s core values, H.E.A.R.T. (History, Enthusiastic, Adaptive, Reputable and Team-oriented).
Direct ReportsWarehouse, Facilities & Inventory Control Managers
- Oversight of the Warehouse Manager, Facilities Manager, and Inventory Control Manager.
- Oversee all aspects of training and development for the Operation teams.
- Assist owner and leadership team with business needs.
- Maintain all operational SOPs; including creating new as well as updating as needed.
- Support branch locations with any operational needs.
- Creates and monitors operations budget.
- Lead and build Operations Leadership Team.
- Manage day to day tasks related to ERP system (P21).
- Establish P21 needs via business process analysis and consultation.
- Manage all business report requests utilizing MITS and SQL and refreshable reports.
- Coordinate with the IT Manager to know what is coming up in regards to updates and the timeline for all ERP system upgrades.
- Primary point of contact with P21 consultants and Epicor support.
- Develop/update associate training on P21.
- Help create system of ERP/P21 champions.
- Responsible for educating users on proper/efficient uses of ERP systems.
- Work with IT to help provide technical support for P21 end-users.
- Collaborate with IT and members of the leadership team for additional training needs.
- Responsible for business application roadmap including upgrades, enhancements and customizations
- Perform diagnostic tests and resolve issues to optimize performance.
- Prepare development progress updates and documenting P21 processes.
- Select carriers and negotiate rates and contracts.
- Plans and monitors inbound and outbound freight
- Stays current on preferred shipping techniques, routing and carriers.
- Works with other departments to incorporate logistics with company procedures and operations.
- Ensures all operations adhere to laws, guidelines and ISO requirements.
- Updates and evaluates metrics to assess performance.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Forklift certified.
- First aid, CPR, AED and bloodborne pathogen certified.
- Ability to lead and mentor associates on all levels.
- Ability to motivate others and complete projects by deadlines.
- Ability to prioritize.
- Work effectively with all levels of staff.
- Strong communication and management skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- In-depth knowledge of consumer goods industry.
- Solid understanding of P21 and wireless warehouse.
- Knowledge of best practices in storing materials and transferring product among branches.
- Outstanding analytical, problem-solving and organizational skills.
Education & Training:
- College degree or equivalent.
- Business/operations experience.
- 10+ years in a leadership role.
- Logistics experience.
- P21/ERP system experience.
- Ability to learn products.
- 401(k) with company match
- Employee assistance program
- Company paid life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability
- Generous paid time off
- Volunteer Time Off
- Drug Test
- Background Screening
Apply for Position
Hamilton Parker Company was recently named one of Columbus Business First’s Best Places to Work and also recognized as one of CYP’s Wonderful Workplaces for Young Professionals. We are an equal opportunity employer.