Responsible for delivering products interstate in a safe and timely manner. Drivers must reflect and represent Hamilton Parker’s core values, H.E.A.R.T. (History, Enthusiastic, Adaptive, Reputable, Team-oriented).
Reports ToDelaware Supervisor
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Safety while driving and on jobsite.
- Loading/unloading flatbed truck.
- Use various trucks/machinery: electric, diesel, piggyback, skid loader, dump truck.
- Follow federal, state local and DOT laws.
- Communicate with dispatcher throughout the day.
- Help customer place material.
- Maintain safe driving practices.
- Obtain customer signature on ticket when delivered.
- Help work in the warehouse, occasional Saturdays and as needed.
- Using RF scanner and forklift, pull customers’ orders.
- Additional duties as assigned by manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong communication skills with attention to detail.
- Able to read maps for job locations, use of GPS.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of personnel.
- Ability to prioritize workload and effectively work with little supervision.
- Must have (and maintain) a valid CDL A.
- Must have working knowledge of FMCSA & ODOT’s laws and regulation.
- Forklift certified.
Education & Training:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Knowledge of building materials a plus.
- Must have at least one year prior work experience driving with CDL.
- Customer service background a plus.
- Must be able to lift up to 75 lbs.
- Frequently required to sit for long periods of time throughout the day (up to 4 hours).
- The employee is occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, and walk.
- 401(k) with company match
- Employee assistance program
- Company paid life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability
- Generous paid time off
- Employee discounts
- Volunteer Time Off
- Drug Test
- Background Screening
- Motor Vehicle Report
Download Application Apply for Position
Apply for Position
Hamilton Parker Company was recently named one of Columbus Business First’s Best Places to Work and also recognized as one of CYP’s Wonderful Workplaces for Young Professionals. We are an equal opportunity employer.