The Fireplace Supervisor/Scheduler is responsible for overseeing and providing support to installers, service technicians, and internal/external customers. The Fireplace Supervisor/Scheduler must also reflect and represent Hamilton Parker’s core values, H.E.A.R.T. (History, Enthusiastic, Adaptive, Reputable, Team-oriented).
Reports ToFireplace / Garage Door Manager
- Directly supervise the team of fireplace installers, service technicians, and subcontractors.
- Set job-specific expectations and hold each associate accountable based on these expectations.
- Monitor policies for “best practices” for the fireplace team.
- Team member reviews, based on the company’s core values.
- Set installation quality standards, and follow-up to ensure standards are being met.
- Team management: utilize team members to the fullest potential, encourage collaboration, mitigate conflict, foster positive communication, acknowledgment, and appreciation.
- Daily review of the previous day with each team member.
- Help set and monitor production levels of installers.
- Supervise and lead the scheduling of fireplace installations and service.
- Focus on providing excellent customer service.
- Answer calls, troubleshoot customer issues and assist internal staff with fireplace needs.
- Schedule fireplace installation visits, inform customers of any delays, keep subcontractors and builders up to date with any changes, follow up on completed jobs.
- Verify payment authorizations.
- Coordinate with fireplace field lead.
- Support sales staff.
- Monitor inventory and parts needed for installation.
- Assist in the showroom with sales/design, builder connections.
- Cover the showroom on some Saturdays and evenings.
- Any additional responsibilities as assigned by the manager.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong background in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Typing and general office equipment.
- Ability to effectively multi-task.
- Strong communication skills with attention to detail.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of personnel.
- Ability to prioritize workload and effectively work with little supervision.
Education & Training:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous experience in a retail or fast-paced environment.
- Knowledge of building materials a plus.
- Customer service background a plus.
- 401(k) with company match
- Employee assistance program
- Company-paid life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability
- Generous paid time off
- Volunteer Time Off
- Drug Test
- Background Screening
Apply for Position
Hamilton Parker Company was recently named one of Columbus Business First’s Best Places to Work and also recognized as one of CYP’s Wonderful Workplaces for Young Professionals. We are an equal opportunity employer.