Responsible for helping customers over the phone, supporting the sales team (with orders, samples, showroom maintenance), and being a backup for inside sales activities. Must reflect and represent Hamilton Parker’s core values, H.E.A.R.T. (History, Enthusiastic, Adaptive, Reputable, Team-oriented).
Reports ToDirector of HPSW
- Answer all incoming calls within three rings. Answer questions, transfer calls to correct extension, or take a message when needed.
- Schedule appointments for guests with appropriate staff as necessary.
- Provide excellent customer service to customers in person and on the phone.
- Help enter and process orders in P21 for the sales team.
- Convert quotes to orders as needed.
- Check order status for customers.
- Contact customers when orders are complete.
- Assist customers to resolve any issues and/or concerns.
- Order, receive in and put away samples, binders, and literature.
- Assist design consultants in the maintenance of the showroom – identify missing barcodes, broken tile, or boards.
- Labeling, stocking, and organizing samples.
- Assist all sales teams with individual projects.
Showroom and Sales
- Back-up coverage for the showroom.
- Assist showroom customers with tile selections and tile design needs.
- Provide drawings upon customers’ request or show detail of materials to be used for customers and installers.
- Provide samples or literature to customers.
- Provide quotes and complete orders when necessary.
- Provide technical information regarding sustainability of the product, installation, and product care.
- Manage P21 portal.
- Collaborate with coworkers on ideas and presentations.
- Keep showroom displays current and organized.
- Additional duties as assigned by management.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong background in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Strong communication skills with attention to detail.
- Patience when working with customers/coworkers.
- Highly organized.
- Able to multitask.
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of personnel and customers.
- Ability to prioritize workload and effectively work with little
- Ability to learn and utilize the operating system (P21) quickly and efficiently.
Education & Training:
- Previous experience in a retail or fast-paced environment.
- Strong knowledge of tile installation a plus.
- Customer service background is a plus.
- 401(k) with company match
- Employee assistance program
- Company paid life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability
- Generous paid time off
- Volunteer Time Off
- Drug Test
- Background Screening
Apply for Position
Hamilton Parker Company was recently named one of Columbus Business First’s Best Places to Work and also recognized as one of CYP’s Wonderful Workplaces for Young Professionals. We are an equal opportunity employer.