Accounts Payable Coordinator
The Accounts Payable Coordinator performs a variety of accounting clerical tasks related to the maintenance/processing of payable account records/invoices for Company’s various clients and vendors. The Accounts Payable Coordinator must reflect and represent Hamilton Parker’s core values, H.E.A.R.T. (History, Enthusiastic, Adaptive, Reputable, Team-oriented).
Reports To:Accounting Manager
- Processing daily Accounts Payable (A/P) statements/reports with computer programs.
- Receiving and verifying invoices and requisitions for goods and services.
- Data-entering invoices for payment.
- Sort/Code invoices.
- Processing backup reports after data entry.
- Managing weekly checks and recording all checks into computerized software programs.
- Preparing vendor checks for mailing and listing all vendor checks.
- Process subcontractor payments.
- Process payments using the company credit card.
- Resolve discrepancies/issues.
- Processing specific financial forms (e.g., tax forms, inventory/supplies order forms, etc.).
- Establishing and maintaining confidential vendor/business files.
- Verifying coding and obtaining signatures for specific forms and records.
- Maintaining inventory files and financial documents using an organized filing system as instructed electronically or non-electronically.
- Producing and preparing daily, weekly, monthly financial statements/reports for Manager.
- Verifying transactions comply with financial policies and procedures established by the Company.
- Upholding professionalism by providing courteous customer service to visitors, clients, and vendors.
- Performing other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office (e.g., Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Excellent computer skills.
- Must possess proficient ability to communicate in both oral and written format.
- Ability to apply discretion and trust with confidential material.
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in preparing and entering financial data.
- Ability to effectively apply analytical and problem solving skills.
- Excellent time managing skills with the ability to multi task, prioritize, and meet deadlines.
Education & Training:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Two or more years Accounts Payable (A/P) experience required.
- General understanding of accounting practices and principles.
- Experience with accounting programs and systems.
- 401(k) with company match
- Employee assistance program
- Company paid life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability
- Generous paid time off
- Employee Discounts
- Volunteer Time Off
- Drug Test
- Background Screening
- Credit Screening
Apply for Position
Hamilton Parker Company was recently named one of Columbus Business First’s Best Places to Work and also recognized as one of CYP’s Wonderful Workplaces for Young Professionals. We are an equal opportunity employer.