Fabrication Shop Associate
The Fabrication Shop Associate is responsible for manufacturing of laminated doors according to documents and drawings. The Fabrication Shop Associate must reflect and represent Hamilton Parker’s core values, H.E.A.R.T. (History, Enthusiastic, Adaptive, Reputable, Team-oriented).
Reports To:National Accounts Supervisor
- Prepping hollow-metal and wood doors for locks and door hardware.
- Manufacture door products and complete tasks properly in a given time period.
- Installing a variety of locks and door hardware.
- Cutting laminate and door slabs to correct sizes using various saws and hand tools.
- Quality control.
- Limited finish painting and light-gauge welding.
- Spraying adhesives.
- Ensure that the work area is cleaned every day.
- Maintaining the work area and equipment in a clean orderly condition and following prescribed safety regulations
- Intuitively identifies faulty shop drawings and constructively questions sources.
- Able to read and follow templates for door and hardware specifications.
- Operate MIG welder.
- Occasionally pull product from the warehouse using the sit-down forklift.
- Additional duties as assigned by the manager.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Can work independently or in a team environment.
- Able to manage production schedule based on last-minute fabrication changes.
- Follow directions and procedures well.
- Maintain a professional and positive attitude.
- Ability to carry a positive attitude when doing a repetitive job.
- Able to effectively measure and do basic math skills.
- Effectively able to communicate with other team members and supervisors.
- Skilled in hand tools, saws, routers, drills, & nail guns.
Education & Training:
- Prefer at least 2 years’ experience in wood products.
- Laminating experience preferred but may train the proper candidate with the eagerness and ability to learn.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- 401(k) with company match
- Employee assistance program
- Company paid life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability
- Generous paid time off
- Volunteer Time Off
- Drug Test
- Background Screening
- Regularly required to talk and hear.
- Frequently required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Frequently required to stand; walk; sit, and reach with hands and arms.
- Regularly lift and/or move up to 75 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
- Frequently required to stand for long periods of time throughout the day (up to 8 hours).
Apply for Position
Hamilton Parker Company was recently named one of Columbus Business First’s Best Places to Work and also recognized as one of CYP’s Wonderful Workplaces for Young Professionals. We are an equal opportunity employer.