FOR RELEASE THURSDAY, JANUARY 12, 2023
Columbus, Ohio — Brian Hoover joined the Hamilton Parker team in December 2022 as the new Director of Operations. Brian brings with him over 18 years of operations experience, most recently serving as Sr. Operations Manager with Mast Global Logistics, the sourcing, and logistics division owned by LBrands/Victoria’s Secret.
As mentioned in a recent message from CEO/Owner, Adam Lewin, Brian’s mission will be to “help implement stronger operating procedures, quality control methods, offer more training opportunities, and expand the Hamilton Parker warehouse team.” With Brian’s expertise, we hope to reduce wait times, improve order accuracy, improve transfers to branch locations and rebuild trust with you.
During his first 30-60 days at Hamilton Parker, Brian devoted his time to observing the current operations and logistics structure, interviewing team members involved in all stages of the fulfillment process, and analyzing strategies with the leadership team for how to meet company goals. He will align these ideas with new systems, adherence to best practices, and improvements to existing procedures.
Brian plans to improve the Columbus warehouse operations by implementing the following initiatives:
- Address staffing needs and build partnerships with staffing agencies to more consistently hire the right candidates to fulfill the warehouse team’s needs.
- Improve training processes and enforce cross-training requirements to increase the capabilities of the warehouse team members.
- Increase inventory accuracy by ensuring tracking equipment is accessible to all team members, functioning properly, and is a required step in the fulfillment process. Required daily inventory checks will ensure inventory accuracy is kept top of mind.
- Re-establish pre-pull offerings to improve efficiency in the warehouse.
- Build easily accessible, organized, and clearly communicated schedules for all stages of the operation process. This includes the details critical to forecasting more accurate timelines for product arrivals, deliveries, and installs.
We expect this process to take some time to refine, but the effects of these initiatives will ultimately improve our quality of service across all HP locations. We greatly appreciate your patience and continued support as we work together in becoming a better partner for you.
Hamilton Parker is headquartered in Columbus, Ohio, and also has showrooms in Cleveland, Cincinnati, and Delaware. Helping clients build their projects right, every time. Offering an expansive selection of building materials and specialty products—from tile and masonry to fireplaces and garage doors—that help commercial and residential customers achieve their goals.
Brittany Warren, Director of Marketing & Communications