Perform material estimates and take-offs for commercial construction. This includes but not limited to door frames and hardware, tile, and masonry products. The Estimator must reflect and represent Hamilton Parker’s core values, H.E.A.R.T. (History, Enthusiastic, Adaptive, Reputable, Team-oriented).
Reports ToNational Accounts Supervisor
- Provide excellent customer service.
- Communicate effectively with all organizational levels and with the general public.
- Provide problem-solving solutions using building codes, product information, and experience.
- Perform accurate, thorough, and timely quantity takeoffs using company format.
- Prepare detailed material take-offs from blueprints, specifications, and other supplied information.
- Reviews the estimate with the sales team to ensure that data is accurate, that all components of the project are properly captured and properly charged.
- Modifies the estimate per customer or Account Specialists requests.
- Compile legible quotes for submission to clients.
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by manager
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Excellent written and verbal skills.
- Strong mathematical skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Excel).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient in reading and understanding blueprints and material take-offs.
- Able to perform duties independently, while also functioning as part of a team.
- Able to prioritize workloads in order to meet deadlines.
- Able to develop new skills and adapt quickly.
- Understanding of commercial process.
- Data entry and general office equipment.
- Commercial estimating experience preferred.
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings and blueprints.
- Solid understanding of the commercial construction process.
- Doors and door hardware knowledge preferred.
- Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and Prophet21 preferred.
- 401(k) with company match
- Employee assistance program
- Company paid life insurance, short-term disability, long-term disability
- Generous paid time off
- Volunteer Time Off
- Drug Test
- Background Screening
Apply for Position
Hamilton Parker Company was recently named one of Columbus Business First’s Best Places to Work and also recognized as one of CYP’s Wonderful Workplaces for Young Professionals. We are an equal opportunity employer.